Saturday, March 27, 2010

Members Only


Are you 23, D23 that is? D23 is a members only club for Disney fans. I happen to be a part of this magical club in which I get exclusives of everything that is Disney. I can get information on news and features from Disney Resorts. The Twilight Bark for this week says that Big Thunder Mountain Railroad will be down starting April 26- May 16, some good information if you plan on going those days. Walt Disney’s archives give me information on the history of the Disney Company. Here I can ask Dave, the Disney history expert, anything I want and he’ll respond quickly. Best of all, I can also get information on expos and events.

This year one of the main events that I plan to attend is Destination D: Disneyland ’55. This event is held at the Disneyland Hotel on September 24-25 2010. If you ever have a chance when you’re at Disneyland walk over to the hotel it’s very beautiful. This event is celebrating Disneyland’s 55th Anniversary. Here I plan on getting information on never built projects and attractions. I can’t wait to see what was in the planning for Disneyland back in the day. In fact, I’ll learn more secrets that I might have never known thanks to Disney’s Chief Archivist Dave Smith who learns something new every day. I love to hear Disney facts its mind blowing. I plan on attending his seminar to hear those facts. I will also get to see celebrity special guest and view some screenings. I wonder what celebrities I’ll see this time. The last expo I went to I got to see Johnny Depp, everyone around me went wild. He was promoting his pirate movie that comes out 2011. I have to remember to save these dates and mark them in my calendar so that I don’t miss out on these events. Some of the information is still hush to D23 members but when the tickets go on sale for us this summer we’ll have more information to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment