Saturday, March 27, 2010

Thrill Rides


When you know that you’re on a thrill ride is when your hands get sweaty and your heart starts to beat terribly fast. The Disney Resort in California is not known to have many thrill rides, but the ones they have are very exciting. One of the main attractions at Disney’s California Adventures is The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. This is a ride that has me screaming until my lungs run out of air. You can also get on the only rollercoaster in the park that has an upside-down loop. This is called California Screamin’. Finally, at Disneyland we have Space Mountain. Space Mountain takes you on an adventure of chills and screams through the darkness of space.

Space Mountain is a blast. I always scream when I go on this ride. I guess being in complete darkness is what generates my fear. My heart races on the first turn before we are blasted off. The speed around every turns has me clinging on to the hand rails. I can recall one time that when I was younger that I held on to my mom’s hand so tight that I left finger nail markings on her hand. Although this ride scares me I still continue to get on it every time I visit.

Finally, I saved the best for last. The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror’s name explains it all. Just listing to the people scream as your waiting in line is just enough to get your heart racing. The anticipation of waiting in the elevator trying to get to the basement, where you board your ride sends chills running down your back. Keep in mind that all you have for safety is a seat belt that straps you in. You board the ride in an elevator and you can feel it moving up, higher and higher you go, then all of a sudden you drop. Again and again this happens and each time you are screaming and yelling. You lift from your seat as you’re desperately trying to hang on to something for comfort. The ride is over in an instant and as you get off you can still feel your heart beating fast. I know for a fact that this is a scary ride but for some reason I get on again and again and each time I scream. The thrills for each ride are very exciting and I believe that’s what keeps people coming back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment